While lines at the DMV remain long, State Senator Craig Wilcox (R-McHenry) is offering his constituents in the 32nd Senate District the opportunity to skip the long lines and complete a variety of driver’s license facility transactions at a mobile event that will be held at the McHenry Moose Lodge on Thursday, August 26.
The mobile DMV event will take place from 10:00 AM until 2:00 PM at the Moose Lodge, located at 3535 N. Richmond Road in Johnsburg. While Real IDs cannot be processed at this event, the following transactions can be completed:
- Traditional driver’s license renewals and corrections
- New/renewal/corrections of State ID cards (ID cards are free for seniors age 65+)
- License plate renewal stickers
- Voter registration with renewal of driver’s license/ID
- Organ donor registration with renewal of driver’s license/ID
- Completing change of address forms
- Vision screenings
“My office has heard from constituents who have waited in line for hours at the DMV, so I am pleased to bring the Secretary of State’s mobile unit to the 32nd District for this event,” said Sen. Wilcox. “While Real ID’s are not available at mobile DMV events, most other motor vehicle transactions can be done, and at a fraction of the time.”
The Secretary of State’s Office will accept checks and credit cards for transactions completed at this mobile event. For more information, please contact Sen. Wilcox’s office at (815) 455-6330, or email Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org.